Friday, 25 June 2010

RSS challenge - week 23

The challenge this time includes the ingredients :

Purple, Turquoise and Lime
Handwritten Script

My card is a rectangle, and the background colours are Adirondak Eggplant, Stream and Citrus (Purple, Turquoise and Lime). The houses are PaperArtsy, stamped onto metal with Stazon, then I made a tape sandwich, cut them out and use my Dabbers (Stream and Purple Twilight) to add some colour.
The acetate is stamped with Stazon Cotton White, using the event stamps from last years ArtSpecially. Sorrt they dont show that well in the picture, they are much clearer in real life.
Lazy summer is handwritten, and framed with a retanglular metal frame, that has been coloured with Alcohol inks (stream and raisin).
I think that covers it all.

Thursday, 24 June 2010

Dave's Birthday

This is the card and "D" I made Dave for his 50th birthday.
For the card I used a Tim Holtz mask and a mix of Bundled Sage and Stormy Sky Distress Inks . I then stamped using the same colours with various PaperArtsy and Art Journey stamps.
The 50 is made from Grungepaper (I printed a 50 on paper, then used it as a template), which is painted with Kaiser Colour Paints - Olive.
The D is a Paper Mache letter from The Craft Barn. I primed it with Gesso, then painted it with Dabbers - Butterscotch and Stream.
The stamps are again a mix of PaperArtsy and Art Journey. The "Dave" is chipboard letters, painted with Stream. The quotes down the side of the "D" are from a quote sheet of stamps (I cant remember the shop name - sorry)

Sunday, 20 June 2010

Houses card

I decided to do a card with (mostly) PaperArtsy and (for the butterflies) Crafty Individuals stamps.
The distress inks are Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky, Brushed Corduroy. The paper for the house (body) is Basic Gray and the roof is TenSecond Studio Dijon.

Sunday, 6 June 2010

A wooden Box

When I was in Canada visiting Isabelle she took me to a craft store (I forget the name of the store), where I got this lovely little wooden box. I only remembered to photograph it after I had started priming it, but I am sure you get the idea of what it looked like when I started.

After priming I painted it with Adirondak Sandal paint (about 3 coats), and added streaks of Viva Copper metal paint.
The stamping is done with Adirondak Rust and using Artifacts Butterfly Kisses stamps.
The "T" on the top is a grungebaord letter under copper metal, using Ten Second Studio tools to embellish the metal. It has been painted with Adirondak Espresso and Sandal to create a more distressed look.
To create the butterflies I painted some card with Sandal and Copper paint, then punched with a Martha Stewart punch.
I dont really think the photos do it justice, but they are the only way I can share the work!