Monday 27 July 2009

Christmas cards

I have not posted for ages, I have just been too busy! I have had my father here, and we made quite a few cards together, then he and my Mom headed for Portugal to meet the rest of the family for 2 weeks in a beautiful villa. Dave and I joined them for a few days.
It was a hot and fun break for us all.

Here are some of the cards my Dad and I made :

This is just a simple card, coloured with distress ink, and highlighted with icicle stickles.

In the next 2 cards I used a technique I learnt from Hermine Koster at the Art Specially event (in the Netherlands) earlier this year. Start with glossy card, and stamp with Stazon ink. Then use ditress ink or Adiromdak ink over. Finally highlight with white pen and glitter glue.


For the last Christmas card I tried my hand at metal work, using the Ten Second Studio tools to create a frame. I got the technique from Leandra Franich of PaperArtsy, the article was in the July 2009 Craft Stamper magazine. The photo does not really do the metal justice.

Thank you for looking, and for any comments you leave.

5 comments:

  1. lovely cards Trish! particularly love the last one :o)
    hugs,
    isax

    ReplyDelete
  2. brill again Trish
    Gladys x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all of your cards Trish, they are even better in real life. Pity I din't manage to keep what I stole ha ha ha :)
    Love Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow Trish you did a great job with that metal frame! Good for you! Leandra (PaperArtsy)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards Trish! The metal one is just yummy! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it means a lot to me.

Sundried